Senior Account Executive
Location: Natick, MA
SUMMARY / OVERVIEW:
The right candidate will have experience with the responsibilities below in a front-facing capacity. This position offers tremendous career growth and upward mobility which are only limited by your creativity and hard work.
- Lead multiple client accounts, conceptualize public and investor relations strategies and independently implement tactics
- Serve as the primary contact for our clients to provide knowledgeable counsel as well as responsive and personalized client service
- Engage in project management-related activities including timeline development and management, facilitating project team organization and communication, developing and communicating progress to clients, etc.
- Engage target audiences and develop relationships to identify and create opportunities for clients within the financial and/or media communities
- Develop written materials, including: press releases, conference call scripts, Q&As, presentations, fact sheets and website content, translating science to make it appealing to our audiences
- Pitch investors and reporters to secure meetings/interviews and travel to conferences, investor roadshows, media interviews, etc.
- Planning events of all sizes, from conference calls to scientific symposia
- Training and mentoring junior team members
- Prior experience in corporate communications or communicating and translating scientific information
- Bachelor’s degree; biology, chemistry or pre-med background preferred, or business/financial with an aptitude for science
- Ability to juggle multiple client accounts and interact with the most senior of clients’ management teams as needed
- Fanatical attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and outreach skills to network on behalf of clients; content to “cold call” when needed and to “work a room” at industry events
- Exceptional written communication skills; yes, there will be a test
- Desire to actively monitor and critically consider life science industry trends
- Demonstrated ability to execute resourcefully and independently
- Ability to work calmly and maintain professional integrity in fast-paced, high pressure situations
- Firm grip on or strong interest in mastering understanding financial markets
- Interest and engagement in the ever-changing social media landscape
Plus attributes include:
- Knowledge of/experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
- Ph.D. in a life science field
- Investor and/or public relations experience
- Consulting/services experience
MacDougall is a team of experienced, multi-talented consultants providing an integrated suite of communications services to organizations creating innovation in biomedicine and healthcare. We are passionate about helping our clients in their quest to improve patients’ lives. For over 20 years, we have successfully fostered the growth of the biotech sector by working with companies and organizations to build credibility, visibility and valuation. We are strategists and scientists, storytellers and artists, thinkers and doers working together to achieve your business goals.
Does this sound like a good fit? Please send your resume to email@example.com